Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Saying good-bye to some friends...

At the end of every year, I like to take stock of my life - what did I do, what did I learn, what I wish I did, how can I be a better person, etc.  Well, I decided that in order to become the person I want to be in 2011 then I would have to let go of some friends of mine.  You know the kind - the ones who you really shouldn't hang out with, but you can't resist.  The ones who are a bad influence and are not good for you, but you have such a good time with them until the guilt sets in the next day.  Maybe you know my friends.  Maybe you love them too.  Maybe they are your BFFs.  Well, on January 1, 2011 I said good-bye to my friends, Pasta, Bread, Rice and Potatoes.  We had a real good time in 2010, but the party's over guys.  I just can't hang with you anymore.  I had a talk with my new friend, the scale, and she said you have to go.  Not forever, but for a while.  I am hoping to see you again soon, but maybe not morning, noon and night and I may only be able to hang with your whole grain cousins.  Yes, they're not as much fun - I know this - but it's for my own good.  After one week without my old friends, my new friend, scale, is much happier.  7.5 pounds happier to be exact. 

1 comment: