Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Okay, some friends you just can't say good-bye to...

Well, I brought back my carb friends, but mostly in whole grain form or in a 100 calorie portion.  My body feels much better for it.  I also really missed my fruits.  That being said, when I added these foods back, the scale kept going up and up and it was really driving me insane.  I am addicted to the scale.  I know I shouldn't be, but I just can't help myself.  When I added back those foods I also began going to kick boxing classes about 4 times a week.  I kept thinking "well, I'm building muscle" but if you've ever tried to lose weight you know you hate that phrase. 

Fortunately I had the foresight in the beginning of January to take my measurements (yes, it was painful), but I am proud to say that I lost 1.5" off my waist, 1" off my hips, and 0.5" off my arms (bust and thighs remain the same).  So, as long as I continue with the kick boxing, I will try to turn a blind eye to the scale.  As it is, I ended up losing a total of 8.5lbs for the first month.

All in all, it was a good first month aside from being in a permanent state of pain from the exercising.  I figure it will eventually stop hurting, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment