Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Do You Fondue - Part II

After making fondue at home with the kids, I just had to go to The Melting Pot!  I loved the atmosphere and modern decor.  The low lighting and intimate seating enhanced the experience and the smell of the restaurant was mouth watering.  Our server was super nice and patient explaining the menu and the four courses.  The drink menu was a variety of specialty martinis.  I got the yin and yang martini, which was both delicious and beautiful with vanilla vodka, white chocolate liqueur, chocolate shavings and a bit of ice cream. 


It tasted more like a dessert than a martini and I couldn't taste the alcohol at all.  It also didn't taste very sweet, which I was happy about because it looked like it had the potential to be super sweet.  I liked it a lot and will definitely try to recreate it at home because it looks so impressive!

Our first course was the spinach artichoke cheese fondue and it was out of this world.  Super gooey, super cheesy and something I will definitely make at home in our fondue pot!  We had bread, veggies, tortilla chips and apple slices to dip.  This first course was a huge hit with everyone!

The second course was salad.  We got the Caesar salad and it was delicious.  My husband had the tangy house dressing on his and said it was the best dressing he's ever had.  We also enjoyed the Parmesan encrusted pine nuts that were on the salad.  They were surprisingly sweet and crunchy and were a nice addition to the salad.

The third course was my least favorite and I honestly think I would skip it next time.  They have a variety of combinations of chicken, shrimp, beef, duck, pork, pot stickers, etc. that you cook in the fondue pot.  You choose your cooking style and we went with Coq au Vin which is burgundy wine infused with fresh herbs, spices and mushrooms.  We got the land and sea selection, which was chicken, shrimp and beef.  I was impressed with the different sauces they give for you to dip your cooked food in because otherwise the food would have been far too bland.  This course was just o.k. in my opinion and I could've done without it.

Dessert was phenomenal.  I mean, truly outstanding.  It "wowed" all of us!  We got the basic milk chocolate to dip and we were presented with strawberries, bananas, marshmallows, cheesecake, brownies, red velvet cake and rice krispy treats.  Oh my goodness!  Delish!!





All in all, I really enjoyed my night out and would definitely go there again.  It's super fun and super yummy and I would also encourage anyone who really enjoys this restaurant to purchase a fondue pot of their own and recreate the recipes at home!

No comments:

Post a Comment