Thursday, January 31, 2013

The Search for a Great Wine

So, I am far from a wine connoisseur, but a girl's gotta start somewhere, right?  I've been getting tired of my same old "go-to" value wines so this year I am going to try some new wines each month and let you know what I think.  I'll confess that the first wine I tried I bought for the name and the label.  I'm a sucker for cute marketing.  The Beach House white wine is from South Africa.  It was a value at only $12.99/bottle.  I thought this wine was good, but not great.  It has a nice citrus flavor, but I didn't love it. 



The second wine I tried was Wizards Cranberry, which is from Les Trois Emme winery in western Massachusetts.  I chose this wine because it's local and sounded appealing.  It's their Cayuga White that has cranberry flavoring added to it.  At first taste I thought it was pretty tart and the tartness seemed a bit overwhelming.  I couldn't finish my glass and was very disappointed.  This wine too, was only $12.99/bottle and if you like a really tart wine, then you'd probably like this. 


So, this month's selections were a bust, but I have high hopes for next month!


No comments:

Post a Comment