Tuesday, March 2, 2010

All good things come in brown paper bags!

Okay, get your mind out of the gutter!  I am not talking about the items you pick up at those "adult-only" stores, I am talking about wine and the best seafood anyone could ever want.  More specifically, fried calamari from The Net Result seafood restaurant on Martha's Vineyard.

While others flocked to a more southern locale, Dave, Brendan, Catie and I decided to vacation on the Vineyard last summer, so we packed our bags and headed to the island!  After giving Catie a bath in the sink of a public restroom when she was 5, I thought I would step it up a notch and stay at a place with our own bathing facilities!  The motel, and yes I say motel, we stayed at was right across the street from this seafood paradise!

My son, who was 11 at the time, tried his first and probably last whole lobster - not because it was bad, but because it was staring at him while he tried to eat it!  So after giving up on that he asked if he could try my calamari, and what mother would deny her child food?  BIG MISTAKE... after fighting him for the last piece, he has been hooked!  He has tried it since then at a slew of other restaurants and nothing has come close to this deep fried delight in a brown paper bag.

No comments:

Post a Comment