Thursday, March 25, 2010

Have you got swagga?

Being a parent of tweens/teenagers is sometimes like being in a foreign country where you don’t speak the language and you’re not familiar with the natives’ customs. Should I approach? Am I standing too close? What are they saying? They keep telling me “You don’t understand!”


On American Idol the other night, Miley Cyrus told one of the contestants that his voice had swagga. He was very pleased with this comment and I had no clue what it meant. Now, I’m a pretty hip Mom. I’ve read the Twilight series, I watched the Jersey Shore, I know Goths, Posers, and Emo and the difference between them. I know most of the IM acronyms like LMAO, POS, BTW, JK, GTG, and BRB. I have a face book, a blog, and a farm!!

Well, I stumbled across this little gem today on the internet and need to share it with my fellow Moms: http://www.urbandictionary.com/ Click on it now! You need this! It is like a tween/teen translator. Bookmark this on your computer and iphones! You will understand your kids once again!

No comments:

Post a Comment