Friday, February 22, 2013

Great Treadmill Workout!



Want to amp up your treadmill workout?  Download a workout from www.itrain.com on your mp3 player or ipod. 

iTrain

I just tried one of the 40 minute treadmill workouts and it was really great.  The music had a good beat and was appropriate to the different levels of exertion throughout the workout.  Grace gives instructions for 3 different levels: walkers, joggers, and runners so this workout can be done at every level.  She gives you a starting speed based on walking, jogging or running and then instructs you when to adjust the speed and incline throughout the workout!  In addition to her instructions, she gives lots of encouragement and is very motivating in a "not annoying" way! 
This would be a great tool for those of us who get on the treadmill and tend to go at one speed the whole time or don't challenge ourselves.  The intervals of speed and incline provide a much more challenging workout.  I've tried to do the treadmill workouts that I've seen in magazines or online, but I really don't want to go to the gym with a sheet of paper and try to keep track of when I should be adjusting my speed or incline.  With itrain, I just put on my headphones and follow along.  So easy!! 

There are loads of workouts, videos, routines and so much more on itrain that I haven't even explored yet!  I'd love to hear if you've used one of their workouts or something similar!!

No comments:

Post a Comment